School Trial Results and Listener Feedback
Listen to Read tutoring and self-study programs have been trialled in several schools: one high school and two primary schools, with consistently excellent results. Results are outstanding for home study programs, small group tutoring and school based programs.
Hundreds of students have completed either the self-study or group tuition program and are now reading well above their grade level. Many teachers are referring students to Listen to Read for extra help.
Primary School Trial
20 students used the Listen to Read program for a 12 week period.
The Trials have shown impressive results in:
- Reading accuracy – average improvement 6 months in 8 weeks
- Reading fluency – average improvement 3 months in 8 weeks
- Word recognition –average improvement 7.6 months in 12 weeks
- Spelling accuracy – average improvement 9.4 months in 12 weeks
High School Trial
31 students from Years 7, 8, 9 and 10 used the Listen to Read program for a 12 week period.
10 of the students were classified as Special Needs.
All students improved in their reading age with the average improvement being 2 years in 10 weeks.
Improvements ranged from 6 months to 3 years and 9 months.
Teenager Reading comments from High School students who have used the Listen to Read program.
- “I hated reading but now I want to read.”
- “I am glad I did the course, I think it will really help me, especially in English lessons.”
- “I am better at processing words while I am reading.”
- “I have borrowed some books from the Library and have read them. I didn’t do that before.”
- “My confidence has improved and I don’t mind reading in front of people now.”
- “Learning to break down words into chunks helped me to read bigger words.”